Friday, March 05, 2010

Four!


Oscar is four years old today, though we're putting off celebrating until Mama gets back from a work trip.

Still, we visited our favorite cupcake place tonight (oh, it's a big thing in New York -- there's hundreds) and then, as we were getting ready for bed, I recounted the exciting complications of his birth -- how he had to be pulled out of Mama's belly because of a mischievous umbilical cord, and how the doctor snipped said cord and put him down on a special table, and Papa took a photo to show to Mama since she had to wait for the surgeon to sew her up before she could see him.

And then we had to reenact Every. Single. Element. From multiple vantage points. This sort of play is all we do nowadays, though usually it's all in a Batman paradigm. I had to make him a Bat-Waffle this morning to get him to eat breakfast.

I'm so proud of my little boy, though I don't dare call him that to his face. "I'm a big kid," he'll protest. And it's kind of true. He's four.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home