Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Noodles v. pasta



Oscar's teachers reported the following conversation at lunch yesterday:

Isabel: I have pasta for lunch.
Oscar: I just have noodles.
Isabel: Noodles are pasta.
Oscar: No they're not. They're just noodles.
Isabel: No really. They are pasta. They're just different.
Shalev: Isabel, you have pasta?
Isabel: Yeah, yeah. Wheel pasta.
Oscar: See, yours are wheels. I have noodles.
Isabel: THEY ARE PASTA!
Oscar: No, they're NOODLES!
Rafaella: Really, Oscar. Noodles are just a different kind of pasta.
Amalia: It's true, Oscar. She's being serious.
Oscar: Well, I just have noodles. They're just noodles.
Lizzie: I think they're pasta, too. Yeah, I think so.
Isabel: Well, you can come to my house when I go to Miami and see my pasta. Lizzie, will you watch my house, cause I'm going to Miami?
Lizzie: Yeah!
Amalia: Your house is in Miami?
Isabel: No, it's in New York. But I need someone to stay there. Do you know how to get there? It's in Delancey.
Amalia: Delancey Street?
Isabel: Yeah... Delancey Street.
Rafaella: I've been there before.
Shalev: Isabel..can I come to your house?
Isabel: Yeah... You want to watch my house? You can.
Shalev: (Shakes his head yes)
Isabel: Ok, it's in New York so you can find it.
Oscar: Can we all come?
Isabel: Only if you know how to get there.
Rafella: You can give us directions.
Amalia: She already said...Delancy street.
Oscar: Oh... Yeah. Then i can have pasta.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home