Thursday, April 19, 2007

First steps


Yeah, my headline writing skills have really gone to pot. Jen suggested: "You can't tell by the way I use my walk/I'm a woman's man/No time to talk."

But it's official as of yesterday, when John coaxed him into taking a few tottering steps toward him using a purple plastic ice cream scoop as a stand-in for a phone. A born gadget freak, Oscar really loves his phones.

Phones, tubes and slides.


He'd probably taken a couple earlier steps over the past few days with Jen and me, but we weren't sure they counted. Yesterday, though, there was no doubt, as he weeble-wobbled unsteadily into the middle of the room, far from any furniture to grasp. And when he inevitably fell face-forward, he knew enough to keep his head back. I guess he's probably been practicing falling a lot at daycare.


The way development tends to come in bursts, I expect he'll be running around by the end of the month, trailing a path of destruction. We have a lot of Oscar-proofing to do this weekend. But for the moment, when he wants to get somewhere in a hurry, he still goes by crawl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home