Friday, June 30, 2006

Friday Cat(skills) Blogging

Rocky and Bolek in a rare moment of peaceful proximity:

We're off to the Catskills for the long weekend with Oscar's godparents, Patrick and Lizzy, and since I haven't had time to play around with the camera much this week, I'm forced to delve into the archive. Here's one from March:


Look at all that luxuriant hair! It's since fallen out, but it's coming back in again, and it's a distinctly reddish brown, like Jen's -- particularly his eyebrows, which look like little foxes' tails. Though Dr. Sussman's betting on brown, I'm still hopeful that his eyes, currently that indeterminate blue-grey color that melanin-challenged babies' eyes often are the first six months, will resolve themselves to an emerald green, like his paternal grandfather's. I don't usually root for my side of the gene pool, but c'mon, how cool would color-coordinated eyes and hair be?

He's got plenty of options to choose from, though, recessive and otherwise -- Jen's eyes, like her dad's, are a warm brown. Mine are cyan. His paternal grandmother's eyes were blue as Lake Michigan on a clear, sunny day. Well, assuming no algae blooms, anyway. His maternal grandmother's eyes are almost black, his maternal great-grandmother's are light green and his maternal great-grandfather's were hazel. So brown is favored, but it's like the World Cup -- we're into the quarterfinals, and anything can happen. All will be told in a few months.

Anyway, happy Fourth to all our Yanqui readers. Yay, us! Ahem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home