A growing boy
At 11 weeks, Oscar's head control is progressing nicely. He can hold it up for... well, for seconds at a time, but hey, it's a marked improvement. He can also stand up, with assistance (that's not new, but geez, is he strong), and can roll from his stomach onto his back -- with the use of a small pillow as a fulcrum and some effort, announced by grunts of exertion. His vocalizations are getting so sustained and complex that I find myself expecting to hear speech out of him at any moment, although that should be awhile. I awoke this morning, as we often do of late, to the sound of him babbling happily away, oblivious to my slumbering state.
And now for something completely goofy, the guy who sold me my old King tuba was very insistent that I had to do this:
It's a good thing he talked me into the near-sousaphonic 22-inch recording bell, because I don't think Oscar would fit into a normal one. He's grown so fast! It seems like we're going up a diaper size every two or three weeks, and I suppose we are. He's outgrown much of his wardrobe marked '0-6 months,' though he seems to be of perfectly average size and weight for his age. At this rate, I'll have him carrying that thing around for me in no time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home