Broadway baby
Today was much better. Here's hoping Friday's colicky eruptions were an abberation.
We took a walk up to Union Square, employing our Baby Bjorn harness for the first time. There, we ate some pizza and ogled some microwaves while Oscar slept soundly, strapped to my chest. He did squeak a bit coming up and down the stairs, and though he doesn't really have control of his head yet, he nuzzled against me every time the sun got in his eyes or a stiff wind strafed us. Otherwise, he dozed. I wonder if it's something instinctual, the way cats go limp when you pick 'em up by the scruffs of their necks.

Occasionally, we'd pass Yuppie parents with infants wearing what looked like little Cosmonaut suits and travelling in militarized, up-armored strollers bearing a passing resemblence to Humvees. And here was our Oscar in a thin onesie, with equally thin sneakers and only a sweater (courtesy of Gramma Leonard) to protect him from the cold blasts rattling down Broadway. Jen felt like a bad parent. I consoled myself that we were just drilling a little Upper Midwestern toughness into him. He didn't seem to mind.
After we got him home, fed him and changed him, he caught some shuteye on the changing table while Bolek the cat lounged ecstatically in the glider behind him.

Geek notes: Blogger has been bloggered for the last day or so -- hence the radio silence. Since Blogger, at the best of times, can't seem to upload pics from my hard drive, I've been using Flickr for image hosting, but I quickly ran through my memory allottment. After trying Photobucket and FotoFlix and finding the image quality inferior, I coughed up the $24 for extra memory on Flickr, but in the meantime, I had to pull a couple images. I'll probably put them back up, but who knows how long I can keep this up before overrunning my storage limit.
We took a walk up to Union Square, employing our Baby Bjorn harness for the first time. There, we ate some pizza and ogled some microwaves while Oscar slept soundly, strapped to my chest. He did squeak a bit coming up and down the stairs, and though he doesn't really have control of his head yet, he nuzzled against me every time the sun got in his eyes or a stiff wind strafed us. Otherwise, he dozed. I wonder if it's something instinctual, the way cats go limp when you pick 'em up by the scruffs of their necks.
Occasionally, we'd pass Yuppie parents with infants wearing what looked like little Cosmonaut suits and travelling in militarized, up-armored strollers bearing a passing resemblence to Humvees. And here was our Oscar in a thin onesie, with equally thin sneakers and only a sweater (courtesy of Gramma Leonard) to protect him from the cold blasts rattling down Broadway. Jen felt like a bad parent. I consoled myself that we were just drilling a little Upper Midwestern toughness into him. He didn't seem to mind.
After we got him home, fed him and changed him, he caught some shuteye on the changing table while Bolek the cat lounged ecstatically in the glider behind him.
Geek notes: Blogger has been bloggered for the last day or so -- hence the radio silence. Since Blogger, at the best of times, can't seem to upload pics from my hard drive, I've been using Flickr for image hosting, but I quickly ran through my memory allottment. After trying Photobucket and FotoFlix and finding the image quality inferior, I coughed up the $24 for extra memory on Flickr, but in the meantime, I had to pull a couple images. I'll probably put them back up, but who knows how long I can keep this up before overrunning my storage limit.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home